Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Windshield shopping... (Read 5 times)
Durandal
Ex Member

Windshield shopping...
11/26/04 at 16:50:10

Hi all, just registered today.  Got an '01 Savage last month.

I've been looking to add a winshield and was thinking about the Slipstreamer SS-32, the 16".  Anyone here ride with one of these on their Savage?

Also, when looking at height measurement on a windshield, is it measured from the top of the headlight or from the handlebar?

IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Re: Windshield shopping...
Reply #1 - 11/27/04 at 06:07:40

Hi Durandal,
Welcome!  Windshields are measured from the top of the headlight.  I have a Maier windshield (handlebar mount) and I set it up about an inch above the headlight to get the height that I needed to stop the hemet buffeting.  Seems like I have seen some discussion of the Slipstreamer on here in the past.  I think somebody has one.

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Windshield shopping...
Reply #2 - 11/27/04 at 10:04:06

If you are of "shorter stature", pay attention to the height of the windshield, as lookin' thru the shield instead of over it may produce annoying and potentially dangerous glare (depending on make/quality of shield of course) ... mounted a Roadchrome M200 deflector (similar to a Nat. Cycle deflector shield) this past Summer. Found that I was looking thru the shield and the resulting glare was not to my liking ... took it off right away and returned it. Saw pics of the National Cycle Flyscreen mounted on a couple of LS650's (Paladin's being one) liked the look and the low profile (am more interested in keeping the wind blast off of my body & upper arms when travelling on the highway ...) so I started scoping 'em out on e-bay and recently lucked into one!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 10:55:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Windshield shopping...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.