Send Topic Print
toy run season (Read 1 times)
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
toy run season
11/12/04 at 07:11:32

well, i finally broke out the jb weld and fixed the windshield bracket last night.

just in time for toy run season.

i am currently trying to find out just how many toy runs i can attend in the d/fw metroplex. apparently there are a great many.

do any of you have plans to participate?

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: toy run season
Reply #1 - 11/12/04 at 07:26:33

I'm looking into a few I've found on a couple of local club sites but I don't know how my schedule will be yet.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Old Geezer

Reply #2 - 11/12/04 at 12:37:28

Out Midland way, there is at least one scheduled every weekend from tomorrow until right before Christmas.  We're quite a cheerful lot out here!  

In fact, I am coordinating one for our local CMA chapter which benefits a children's home here.  Before the run, we have a chili feed, then ride to the home and take the kids on rides around there facility.  It's good stuff.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 11/12/04 at 14:44:06

8)Have lotsa fun on your Toys for Tots Runs! Ours here in St. John's, Nfld. was held on Sept. 12th of this year. Here is a pic of my Savage decked off with a stuffed Labrador and the "Stars & Stripes" (in honor of the anniversary of 9/11) ready to head out on the Ride.

And here's a happy Biker cruising along with the local Toys for Tots pack.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #4 - 11/29/04 at 07:39:27

i went on my very first toyrun yesterday.

my advice to others like myself who are new to it: ride with a group of people(within the run itself) you have ridden with before.
very scary.

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Reply #5 - 11/29/04 at 15:58:37

What was scary?  When you saw Santa?

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #6 - 11/30/04 at 04:11:16

sunny wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
i went on my very first toyrun yesterday.

my advice to others like myself who are new to it: ride with a group of people(within the run itself) you have ridden with before.
very scary.

Just like an everyday drive in a car on the interstate, some bikers have no concept of riding in a group, either.  Just as some cagers don't signal a turn, some bikers do the same.  Just as some cagers make unexpected lane changes, some bikers don't know how to ride in formation.  I know what you mean.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #7 - 11/30/04 at 06:28:58

I did a Poker Run this summer and had a lot of fun but I did ride with a group of riders I knew. I can imagine that it would have been harder and less pleasant if I had been with people I wasn't sure I could trust.

Sounds like you were unlucky. Glad to hear you made it out unscathed. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
sunny
2004 No Login

rock this town

d/fw texas
Reply #8 - 11/30/04 at 09:45:42

i think the most important thing if you are very new is to have someone you know both fore and aft.

i got separated from the group i was with as people shuffled like cards into line. the people i rode up with, knew that i was only able to do staggered formation and they had seen me get buffetted quite a bit on the ride up. during the run the woman riding a harley behind me was almost intent on riding parade. which would have been fine except it was a very blustery day. one would think she'd have seen me get buffetted around my half of the lane and want to stay back, but no.
if i had a throttle lock i might have smacked her one, i was so angry. Angry

but once we got there i rejoined the folks, drank some coffee and went home all alone... whew.

flatblack rat - 97

sun_rat
sunny76059   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 13:21:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › toy run season

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.