Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Drivers backrest
11/08/04 at 05:26:48

As requested by rkutzner the link to the Protac drivers backrest:

http://www.protac.net/services.htm

Or make it yourself.
greetz
kropatchek

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Re: Drivers backrest
Reply #1 - 11/08/04 at 16:08:24

THANK YOU.  I couldn't find a search to work, noone seemed to go lower than the 800s.....

.....off to purchase !!! Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 11/09/04 at 14:30:38

Thanks for posting the link.  I like it too.  

Does it easily detach?  You'd have to have some skinny passengers to ride back there if it doesn't  Tongue

IP Logged
rkutzner
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/10/04 at 14:59:40

I ordered mine yesterday.  I talked to Harold there and it attaches to the upper bolt on either side of the chrome fender things (what ARE those called?).  They are made with solid stainless tubes bent to rest on the fender thing and can be bent to suit you.  They provide tape or something to prevent scratching the chrome and longer bolts to go in from the inside (you retain the chrome acorn nuts on the outside).  They can be ordered plain or with a center button, I got plain.

$115 plus $5 shipping to MD from NC.  To me that is a real fair price compared to the prices I saw for driver backrests from other companies...most of whose rests only seemed to work with their seats.

As far as a passenger, I have none and don't believe a 350 lb bike is much of a candidate for 350 lbs of riders anyways!  I use it to get to work and to cruise around the twistys here with friends and it is a HOOT of a bike for that....love it more every day.  But after an hour or so my 40 year old back starts whining, I need a back rest bad.  Most of my freinds had the same problem and the backrests fixed their problem.  

I'm thinking of some kind of small bag to attach to the back of it for carrying my lunch and stuff into work...........

IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/11/04 at 06:26:35

I have   a Pro Tac on my Kawasaki Vulcan. To remove the backrest you simply lift up. I also lowered mine by cutting off the ends of the metal rods.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 06:45:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Drivers backrest

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.