Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Metric Roadbike (Read 7 times)
savagethumper
Ex Member

Metric Roadbike
10/13/04 at 21:11:52

[glow=red,2,300]Metric Roadbike [/glow]is one of my favorite bike mags, and this month they ran an article on the new Boulevard line of Suzuki cruisers.  They actually had some real good remarks for the S40.  The author stated that it was a blast in the twisties around Las Vegas.  Pretty cool, since just a few months ago, the same mag said that there was no way he could have a Savage.  Claimed it was way too small.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Metric Roadbike
Reply #1 - 10/14/04 at 03:01:28

Cool.  Usually the magazines only focus on a manufacturer's flagship models leaving the Savage/40 with only an honorable mention...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 10/14/04 at 13:54:51

Yeah, it's one of my two favorite bike magazines too... along with Ride Texas.  The article was centered around the entire Boulevard lineup and they outlined the basic differences between the 2004 and 2005 models.  It was a decent article.  There have been several similar pieces in various publications (like the Motorcycle Cruiser article) since the Vegas unveiling in July and I was kind of disappointed that this wasn't a bit more in depth than it was since it came so much later than the rest.  The article also claims that the Savage was introduced in '88.  I was always under the impression it was '86.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Ed  L.

Reply #3 - 10/14/04 at 15:36:16

Nice to see good press about Suzuki. Anybody notice that the article calls the Maurader the Kawasaki Maurader and the Boulevard the Kawasaki M95. Now thats a real rebadge for Suzuki Smiley

IP Logged
Gargoyle
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/15/04 at 12:19:01

I read and or subscribed to Roadbike since the early 90's. It seems it was called Motorcycle Touring back then. It became Tour and Cruiser for a few years. When it became Roadbike is still subscribed until they put a sportbike on the cover with articles. That's when I dropped my subscription after many years. There are several sportbike mags and I wanted a cruiser only mag. If I wanted a mag covering all of motorcycling I would get Cycle World. Now with so much free info on the internet I rarely read a mag. I do subscribe to Chopper Underground which comes out quarterly and is mostly about homemade choppers.

IP Logged
savagethumper
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/15/04 at 20:37:53

Ed L. wrote:
Anybody notice that the article calls the Maurader the Kawasaki Maurader and the Boulevard the Kawasaki M95

The Marauder and the Mean Streak are the same bike.  Only minor differences in the fender.  Built on the same line.  Found that out a few months back in Cycle World.

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #6 - 10/17/04 at 08:26:54

Yeah,  I think they call them Kawazukis. Lips Sealed

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Pages: 1