Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Not 1 but 2 new bikes! (Read 6 times)
MK
Ex Member

Not 1 but 2 new bikes!
10/01/04 at 15:07:52

Just bought 2 new 2005 Suzuki S40's about 3 weeks ago (or should I just go ahead and call them Savages?) for me and my partner.  Got one white and one black.  I've never ridden but have taken an MSF course (ok so it was 15 years ago - I've always wanted a motorcycle!) and my partner road briefly about 18 years ago. Have been taking it slow (about 200 miles so far) and hopefully building up some good skills. Plan on taking the MSF again in the spring when more classes open up...

Absolutely love these bikes!  Had been considering the Buell Blast as we were originally thinking more of a standard bike - but sat on the S40's and found that with the drag bars and the pegs not as far forward as some cruisers, they were a great fit.  Now having a BLAST with the S40's and am glad to have found this friendly forum to learn as much as possible.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Re: Not 1 but 2 new bikes!
Reply #1 - 10/01/04 at 15:58:21

Welcome to the forum MK!  Sounds like you are loving your bike.  Where are you located?

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
MK
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/01/04 at 17:07:30

Thanks for the welcome.

Alexandria, VA - just outside of DC.  Bad area for congestion and traffic but searching out decent areas for riding that we can get to without hitting the highways around here att least for now.  The Parkway along the Potomac River has been nice...and once we work up to a longer ride I'd like to try Skyline Drive (it would be about 200 miles round trip).

What part of "Eastern PA" are you in?  My folks are from "Central PA" - used to take Rt 15 through parts of MD and PA and would love to get the bikes out there sometime too.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 10/01/04 at 17:56:37

Aye, welcome aboard!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #4 - 10/01/04 at 18:37:27

MK wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Thanks for the welcome...What part of "Eastern PA" are you in?  My folks are from "Central PA" - used to take Rt 15 through parts of MD and PA and would love to get the bikes out there sometime too.

I live out in the country between Philly and Allentown (between Quakertown and Pottstown if you know the area).  There's lots of great riding around here.  If you're ever out this way, let me know and we'll take you on a great ride!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
MK
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/01/04 at 18:53:56

Is there a back road to get us there?!  Smiley  Actually, sounds like you're probably only an hour or two from where I used to visit my grandparents - Centralia, PA - though a mine fire closed the town down years ago.  Thanks for the offer and we'll keep that in our pocket in the event we ever get up that way on our bikes.

IP Logged
bassman29
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/01/04 at 21:11:00

Welcome, MK!  I was in Alexandria a week ago and saw a couple of Savages cruising - wasn't you was it?

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #7 - 10/02/04 at 10:24:34

Welcome to the group.  2 new "Savage40s" is cool.  I think you'll be glad you didn't get the Blast.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #8 - 10/03/04 at 02:45:52

8)Congrats! Those new S40's are awesome lookin' Bikes ... especially in "white" ... cool!
Enjoy and Ride Safe!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 07:32:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Not 1 but 2 new bikes!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.