PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Size of Fuel Line?
10/01/04 at 08:16:34

SmileyHi everyone ... Riding season is nearing an end here in eastern Newfoundland, so it's time to start thinking about putting my "baby" into storage 'til April Sad ... quick question ... I need to buy a piece of clear pvc hose to slip onto the fuel line connection of the petcock in order to drain the tank; what size is the Savage's fuel line?
Thanks and have a great weekend!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Size of Fuel Line?
Reply #1 - 10/02/04 at 10:49:18

There are a couple opinions about storage.  Some like to use a gas stabilizer and others like to drain the fuel...I happen to be the latter, because I usually start tinkering and want the tank and carb to be empty.

This may be of help to you and others planning on the "winter hibernation".   This idea came to me last winter and when I did it, it was like a slap in the forehead...why hadn't I thought of that before?

What you do is pull the vacuum line to the petthingy from the carb and let the bike idle until it dies.  Leave the petthingy in the ON position, too.  The engine will use all the gas in the carb and fuel line, but since the vacuum line is off, the petthingy is closed.  

You then have a dripless fuel line to disconnect from the carb and you just need a gas can with a spout.  Stick the fuel line in the spout and turn the petthingy to PRI to drain (might have to put the can up on something like a box).

Here's the vacuum line....

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #2 - 10/02/04 at 11:11:36

Great tip Greg, thanks!

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 10/02/04 at 11:23:28

Welcome.  

This was the first bike that I ever had with a vacuum operated petthingy and it took me 3 years of spilling gas to figure it out.  It was purely a matter of DOH!

I might be slow, but I'm consistent Grin

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 10/02/04 at 13:21:56

Thanks for the replys folks ... I like to store the Bike with gas stabilizer in a full tank of fuel and run thru the carb ... I drain the tank to make it easier to remove, so's I can remove the spark plug and squirt some fogging oil into the cylinder, replace plug and fuel tank, then re-fill the tank with the treated gas ... it will be easier to drain the tank if I have a bit of pvc hose attached to the gas outlet on the petcock ... so, I ask again, do any you guys know the size if the stock fuel line!  Wink
Ride Safe guys!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 10/03/04 at 04:54:56

Short of going downstairs and pulling off my hose to measure it for you, I'd have to guess that it is about 8 mm.

But part of my suggestion is to pull the hose off on the carb end, and just stick that end into a gas can spout.  If the can is raised up on a box or crate you don't need to buy another piece of hose.

I have a 5 gallon can with a long spout that works perfectly.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 05:40:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Size of Fuel Line?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.