Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
engine dimensions (Read 65 times)
motorhead
Ex Member

engine dimensions
08/25/04 at 09:17:27

I would like to know the height of the engine from the base of the motor/tranny to the top of the head, I believe this is the highest point.  I would also like to know the length of the motor, from the front of the head to the back of the tranny.  Thanks

IP Logged
motorhead
Ex Member

Re: engine dimensions
Reply #1 - 08/26/04 at 11:59:50

Surely one of you could take a tape measure with you when you polish your bike and get a couple of measurements. (?) Smiley

Seriously, I don't have access to one or I wouldn't be asking.

After I went through the consideration of getting a street bike, somehow I just realized its just not for me, right now.  I however, have gained a huge interest in atc/atv's, I am cleaning up an old honda 70 three wheeler now and have an off brand three wheeler that originally came with a 8hp briggs and straton engine, that currently has no engine.  The three wheeler is huge and built pretty strong, so given my experience looking over this site and at the thumper engine, I put two and two together and thought, wonder if one of those would fit...a 650cc single piston three wheeler sounds good to me.  Thought I better get some dimensions first just to be on the safe side.  Then there is the process of waiting for one to come along at a good price.  Thanks

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 08/26/04 at 14:58:37

I saw this bofore but I didn't have time to answer.  As well, I have a Savage engine and a tape measure, but they haven't been in the same place at the same time  Roll Eyes

Anyway, I'll try to work up some dimensions this weekend when I do some tinkering.  I have a bare engine photo and if I have time, I'll layer them on there as well.  You'd probably like the engine mount dimensions too.

Hang in there.  I'd like to see a 3 wheeler or even a go-cart with a Savage engine  Shocked

IP Logged
motorhead
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/26/04 at 16:34:31

Appreciate it....figured I should state the reason for the dimensions or everyone might think I was asking a silly question...might still..but at least now it makes some sense. Smiley  Thanks

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 08/29/04 at 04:16:59

Okay.  Here it is.  Not the prettiest piece of work with a cut and paste with Adobe, but you'll get the idea anyway.

These dimensions are approximate because I had to measure around pipes and pegs, etc.  But I imagine that you'll have to make engine mounts that are somewhat adjustable anyway....

IP Logged
motorhead
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/29/04 at 10:26:31

Appreciate it...couldn't get much more specific short of having it in front of me.  Thanks again

IP Logged
axa

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/07/13 at 16:44:11

I need these dimensions as well, nothing attached to this post, anyone have the measurements?

IP Logged
Gerry

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southwest Michigan
Reply #7 - 11/08/13 at 09:42:02

axa wrote on 11/07/13 at 16:44:11:
I need these dimensions as well, nothing attached to this post, anyone have the measurements?

HTH
Gerry

This message was posted using Google Chrome on a system using Linux Mint 17 Mate
  IP Logged
axa

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/08/13 at 09:51:06

Wonderful. Thanks

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 11/09/13 at 17:02:03

Those are interesting measurements,, but the one that matters is the Six Hunnert & Fiftee TWO See Sees..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:18:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › engine dimensions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.