Thanks To You All! (Read 4 times)
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: Thanks To You All!
Reply #15 - 08/20/04 at 19:51:48

HEY, I FOUND A DIRTY WORD THAT GETS THROUGH THE FILTER!!!!   WOO HOO!!!  DO I GET A PRIZE? Grin

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
dog2
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 08/21/04 at 02:02:42

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Hey John, It is easy to reply to a specific message.  

• Hope this helps and accept my apologies if my response is too basic.  I just wanted to be as clear as possible.  Smiley

Hey Susan,
Good morning(0355 CST), and thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. And to me, a thorough, basic explanation is the best kind!
I see you are from Eastern Pa. I spent some time up there back in the mid '80s. That is a beatiful place. I was in Mt. Pocono for three months going to school at Tobyhana arsenal.
That is some beautiful thumpin' country up there. I envy you and that purple Savage.
Thanks again, and I hope this works.
John
N.E. Texas
2004 Purple Savage

IP Logged
dog2
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/21/04 at 02:31:46

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
8)Welcome John ... and congrats on the Savage ... and great save with the deer man!
I too am a happy Savage owner alll the waaay up here in Newfoundland ... much to my surprise, my 'lil Thumper gets more attention at the local m/c hangout/doughnut shop

Hey!
That deal with the deer scared the p-diddle out of me! I was glad it didn't happen the night I got the bike and was out trying to get my cycle legs back. I'd probably be in traction now.
See, the day I got up there, we went straight to the shop and I rode the bike, following her, out in the country about 14 miles. I got sort of scared, or rather sort of wary feeling, every time I'd go up around 50mph. It just felt awkward. So it just wouldn't have done for me to have hit that deer then! Oh, I shudder to think.
I hit the deer the very night I had got the 500 mile oil change/check-up.
But by then I was back at it, as far as the motorcycling goes. And I had done been on a day trip down to Charleston, going over those gigantic bridges and all. Man! They really looked big from the perspective of that bike!
Anyway, that night was beautiful, and had a full moon. I couldn't resist going out for a spin. Way out in the country where she lives. A road called Cane Gully road. Lonesome two lane black top.
I was tooling along about 50mph, and that deer ran across the road about forty yards ahead. I grabbed the brakes, and was slowing down to about 45 when he ran back acroos the road and charged my left shin, and actually hit me! ( It's a good thing I had bought my trusty Wal-Mart high top, padded tongue boots!)
It knocked the deer cold, and caused me quite a swerve, but never a moment of doubt that I wasn't in control of the bike. That bike just goes where you want it to, apparently.
So I get stopped, and circle back and see that my first ever deer is laying there gasping for breath. I grabbed it by its hooves, and drug it off the road. About then it came back to conscietiousness, and jumped and ran. I went the other way about as fast.
I hear my wife, so I have got to go NOW!
I'll see You All Later,
John

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #18 - 08/21/04 at 05:40:23

Gitarzan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
While the filter is amusing, if not overly restrictive, it doesn't bother me as much as people getting into a pissing match, or name calling...

Amen to that!  I love that about this board.  Down to earth, common sense folk who want to help each other and have some fun.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #19 - 08/21/04 at 05:43:41

dog2 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I see you are from Eastern Pa. I spent some time up there back in the mid '80s. That is a beatiful place. I was in Mt. Pocono for three months going to school at Tobyhana arsenal.
That is some beautiful thumpin' country up there. I envy you and that purple Savage.
Thanks again, and I hope this works.

You're welcome!  I am always happy to help.  You are right that this is beautiful thumping country.  Hills, twisties, woods, lots of open space.  There is another topic about best rides.  I didn't post there but I feel like everytime I go for a ride I am lucky.  I used to live in Michigan which was nice but not as good motorcycle country.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 08/21/04 at 12:10:09

Hey Dog....what part of SC is your daughter in? I am in SC... and since she has come into money and is buying motorcycles well... um....

Just kidding ya. Hey if you really do want to get back into scootering and lambretta's and Vespa's I got a buddy out in Austin that has a good stash of them and he's a pretty good guy to deal with.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 05:35:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thanks To You All!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.