Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
HELP no more 2004 silver savages (Read 19 times)
Junkboy
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

New Mexico
HELP no more 2004 silver savages
07/30/04 at 10:06:13

I just put money down yesterday to order a silver 2004 savage. I just got a call and they say that they are sold out in the US.

My option are to purchase a black (or white) 2005 Blvd. or a purple 2004 Savage (and have it repainted).

The salesman said that there are no differences other than the seat and the silly bar. I am going to keep the back seat on there anyways for my gf to ride, so thats not the issue.

My real issue is that I really like the "savage". "boulevard" is not that inticing of a name and would I still get to be part of 'the club' if I had a boulevard?

I have to call him back within 3 hours. I am not sure how much people check this board, but if anyone gets this it would be great to have a little feedback.

This is all just some sort of ego thing, but isnt that partially what biking is all about?

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: HELP no more 2004 silver savages
Reply #1 - 07/30/04 at 10:26:03

Well, not everyone on the board rides a Savage or even a Suzuki for that matter.  It wouldn't matter if you had a Boulevard either.  In fact it might be an interesting challenge to learn what the specific differences are with the Boulevard.  There could be a learning process here....things like parts interchanging between the 2 of them.  I'm also curious to see if Suzuki follows this change with new accessories for the "Savage40" which would most likely fit too.

John may have to retitile this forum to follow this change....

I say get the new bike....

IP Logged
Junkboy
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

New Mexico
Reply #2 - 07/30/04 at 10:31:06

I am debating between the new style. Unfortunately they dont carry it yet here, Santa Fe, but from the picture it looks more sporty and the handlebars are flat, which I am not sure I like.

tick, tick, tick...

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
YesRe: HELP no more 2004 silver savages
Reply #3 - 07/30/04 at 10:31:44

Yes go for it  Cheesy

Clive W

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #4 - 07/30/04 at 10:48:43

Junkboy -- I am not sure I would believe the person who said there are no more silver ones available.  When I bought my 2004 in PA a month ago, it was hard to find purple but there were lots of silvers out there.  AND I had a similar situation where a dealer told me it would be impossible to get a purple and no one in the area had one.  I called around and just three dealers later I found a dealer with two purples.

If you really want a silver 2004 I would suggest calling other dealers.  You may be getting a high pressure sale like I did.  I never buy from people like that.  First of all they p-i-s-s me off and secondly, I don't trust them.

Just a thought, Susan

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 07/30/04 at 11:15:44

Yeah, we need all the Savages that we can get or in the future we all may have to join the new Boulevard forums instead  Tongue

IP Logged
Junkboy
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

New Mexico
Reply #6 - 07/30/04 at 12:16:35

this is so sad. I have called around 30 places within a 500 mile radius and nada. Some have the purple,but no silver.
Lots of '05s though.

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

;D ;D :PRe: HELP no more 2004 silver savages
Reply #7 - 07/30/04 at 14:12:31

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A PHOTO OF YOUR GIRL FREIND BEFORE WE LET YOU JOIN Shocked

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #8 - 07/30/04 at 14:17:26

hey junkboy,  There are some listed on cycle trader but maybe not close to you.  I don't know what it costs to ship a bike but here is an interesting option:

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/1/8/73835118.htm

It is a silver 2004 someone is selling with only 69 miles on it for $3550.  It is in Quakertown PA which is about 15 minutes from where I live.  I could go look at it, if you want.  

Hope it all works out for you. Susan

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #9 - 07/30/04 at 15:10:18

Hey!  Does the Boulevard S40 have a decal or a medallion? If it's got a medallion, most of those nowadays are adhered to the bike with double stick tape. It's just like 3M double stick but maybe a little better for automotive/MC use.

IF it is, you can take some dental floss and saw it right off like cutting thru cheese (NOT: cutting THE cheese!)

Then take a little bug and tar remover, or lighter fluid and you can get the remaining tape and adhesive off.  As long as there wasn't a positioning dimple (and knowing Suzuki, they are so cheap they'd never do that on the LS650/S40) there would not be a mark...

Then...  Put on your own decal, sticker, custom paint, WHATEVER YOU WANT, BUDDY!!! GO TO TOWN!!! WOO HOO!!!

I take the Dealer badge off all my cars that way. I also took the "Safety Warnings" off my Savage as well. Works great, looks great.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Junkboy
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

New Mexico
Reply #10 - 07/30/04 at 15:20:46

Alright. My 2 hours of calling every place within a 500 mile radius paid off. Someone called from LasCruces, NM (only 4 hours away). The dealership up here is going to go pick it up at no extra cost.

I know what I want darn it!

I was just starting to like the design of the new one too because I was going to end up getting that. Oh well.....

Susan, thanks so much for the offer. That would be a good deal considering I think its only $300 to ship a bike from that distance.

IP Logged
Junkboy
YaBB Newbies
2004 No Login

New Mexico
Reply #11 - 07/30/04 at 15:21:35

Oh man, now they called back and said they just sold it!!!  Angry What the heck?!

Actually I am being to be entertained by this whole thing.

Edited again to say that the guy up here lied (or they lied to him). I called down there and they found it at another location (somewhere out of state) and they still have it. They are hesitant as to whether or not they will tell me where it is because I will just have it shipped from up here and they wont get any money.
I hate salesmen.  Angry

Susan, the only problem is that its $650 to ship it from PA to NM.

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #12 - 07/30/04 at 18:34:28

Grab a cheap fare or bus and ride it back.  You might even be able to earn an iron butt award if you document it and plan it right.  Wink

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #13 - 08/01/04 at 20:00:10

Sooo WHAT HAPPENED?  Did you buy a bike?  We are all rooting for you.   Hope you got something good.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #14 - 08/02/04 at 09:02:28

8)While in my opinion, the silver looks much better than the purple on the Savage, I'd go for an '05 S40 ... in pearl white ... my gut tells me that this color is unique enough to make that particular S40 a popular item ... besides, not many people on this or any of the other Savage forums have an S40, so why not be among the first!
Good luck in your search!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 16:15:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HELP no more 2004 silver savages

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.