Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Can I get your weight and height? (Read 56 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Can I get your weight and height?
Reply #15 - 07/21/04 at 02:19:39

I am 5'-4 1/2" height, 122lbs with 29" inseam and the Savage fits me perfectly ... love the Bike, but my lack of height makes fitting a deflector style windshield a problem ... installed a new Roadchrome M200 last night, but it is too tall (or I am too short ...) cannot look over the shield and looking thru it has too much glare for safety ... will bring back to the dealer for refund today.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Reply #16 - 07/21/04 at 02:45:39

I am just 5'0" and 118 lbs. Excellent flat footing with knees slightly bent.

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
... installed a new Roadchrome M200 last night, but it is too tall (or I am too short ...) cannot look over the shield and looking thru it has too much glare for safety ... will bring back to the dealer for refund today.
Perry, I'm not familiar with that shield, but the height of my Suzuki shield works well. I can see over it well, and through it for looking at the immediate 10feet of road in front of me up close quite easily. There's a Memphis Shade (called "Shooters" model) handlebar mounted one that is very similar in height & shape, AND, it looks much MUCH better than mine. But, it's ~$135 at Dennis Kirk, a more expensive replacement, but I'm still considering it.

Gerry

IP Logged
MacLobo
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/21/04 at 03:45:08

I'm 5-11, 225 lbs. My son is 5-11 195 lbs.
We rode 2 up for about 80 miles. No problems keeping up with or ahead of traffic, or passing on busy 2 lane hiways.
Rear seat is NOT made for comfort, but I survived. The fun factor exceeded the discomfort.
I am a little tall for the windshield. My head is buffeted around by the slipstream over the top of the windshield.
Works great if I hunch down slightly

IP Logged
koiroy
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/21/04 at 04:41:40

Shocked I'm 5'11" 210lbs. Its great for me as it is for most of the others in this post. Someday I want to tour on something larger. My wife comes with me once in a while and the seats are not comfortable for any length of time but for now its a great ride and a great fuel saver over my Dodge Ram V-8 truck.

IP Logged
motorhead
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 07/21/04 at 04:52:45

Well, I was trying to determine if height and weight played a role in owner satisfaction but if everyone seems to like their bike then that might be difficult to judge.Smiley

Once again, appreciate the responses.

IP Logged
PRH111
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 07/21/04 at 09:43:04

Perhaps you need an additional piece of data...ie:  have any of the riders owned other bikes of a different size so that they have a frame of reference which the Savage can be compared against.

My first bike was a Kawasaki Vulcan EN500.  It was roughly the same seat hieght but about 75-80lbs heavier (and had better top end hp with the parallel twin).  The Savage seems fine compared to my other bike and I prefer the lighter weight feel of it.

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #21 - 07/21/04 at 10:52:29

I ride a KLX650C1 (323 dry) so this is probably isn't relevant but I'm 6ft 3" and 206lbs, used to be 262lbs.

Clive W Grin

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #22 - 07/21/04 at 14:33:59

klx650sm2002 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I ride a KLX650C1 (323 dry) so this is probably isn't relevant but I'm 6ft 3" and 206lbs, used to be 262lbs.

Clive W Grin

Oh, but your KLX sits alot higher than a Savage too.  Your long legs help.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #23 - 07/21/04 at 14:35:24

I'm also glad that a few others "bellied" up to the handle bar and admitted they were in MY weight range too.   8)

IP Logged
sweet_insurgent
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 07/21/04 at 17:18:08

5'2, 135lbs
still my first bike (bought it in 1996) but never put too many miles on it (the first owner only put on 5k, straight bars and pipe in 10 years) and she's got only about 6500 miles now.

I don't ride much because I feel like I can't take her on the freeway. I live in L.A. and that's pretty much suicide anyway, but even when there's not parking-lot-type traffic the vibration from the single cylinder causes numbness in my hands and feet, makes the side mirrors useless, and without windscreen I feel like I'll be pushed off.

On surface streets, though, she's perfect. I can beat anyone off the line at a green light, and I imagine she corners pretty good, but I'm too chicken to take 'em faster than first gear.

I was going to trade her in for a sport bike (Suzuki SV650 - coincidentally darn near the same name, is the shortest sport bike made with a seat height you can crank down to about 29-30 inches) but when I test rode one I felt like it would kill me - so much more responsive to throttle and gear changing than I'm used to.

So I kept my lil ol Savage. Diagnosing a carb problem at the moment, but got the battery charged up (she sat all last year) so at least she'll start even if she wont STAY running.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #25 - 07/22/04 at 02:51:52

sweet_insurgent wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
5'2, 135lbs
still my first bike (bought it in 1996) but never put too many miles on it (the first owner only put on 5k, straight bars and pipe in 10 years) and she's got only about 6500 miles now.

I don't ride much because I feel like I can't take her on the freeway. I live in L.A. and that's pretty much suicide anyway, but even when there's not parking-lot-type traffic the vibration from the single cylinder causes numbness in my hands and feet, makes the side mirrors useless, and without windscreen I feel like I'll be pushed off.

On surface streets, though, she's perfect. I can beat anyone off the line at a green light, and I imagine she corners pretty good, but I'm too chicken to take 'em faster than first gear.

I was going to trade her in for a sport bike (Suzuki SV650 - coincidentally darn near the same name, is the shortest sport bike made with a seat height you can crank down to about 29-30 inches) but when I test rode one I felt like it would kill me - so much more responsive to throttle and gear changing than I'm used to.

So I kept my lil ol Savage. Diagnosing a carb problem at the moment, but got the battery charged up (she sat all last year) so at least she'll start even if she wont STAY running.

You are afraid to go around corners in a gear above 1st?

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #26 - 07/28/04 at 06:54:17

4' 10" and 105 pounds.  I love this bike!  For details, see my post "One Month In:  A New Rider Report (Lessons, Mods, Joy).  Susan

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Pat B
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 08/02/04 at 06:38:27

5' 7" 200lbs
It is my first bike, and I got it cause I can put my feet flat on the deck.  I haven't ridden anything else, just sat on everything I could in all the area dealers’ showroom.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 14:40:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Can I get your weight and height?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.