Re: Hats off to Eeki !!!
Reply #1 - 07/06/04 at 20:21:46

That is a rolling piece of art.... Shocked

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/10/04 at 13:18:30

I FIND I HAVE TO WEAR SUNNYS ON BRIGHT DAYS JUST FROM THE REFLECTION OF THE SUN FROM THE TRIPLE TREES AND HEAD LIGHT . SO I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS RIDER DOES. BUT IT DOES LOOK GOOD  8)

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Reply #3 - 01/03/05 at 13:21:07

You know what.  THAT could be a winter project!  Kiss

Bear with me, I've got spring fever badly.  Roll Eyes

Take a look...

He's stripped 2 fenders, a tank, and 2 side panels down to bare steel and polished them and clear coated them.  the frame was left black...  Tada!!!

I do not mean to detract from the looks of the bike or the Eeki's work, it's all so great. I love it. I want it.

But you know...  A person could buy all those parts from eBay over a several month period, one here, one there, always looking for the best bargain.  

Strip the paint, -you could use chemicals or just sand it away- oil it a little to prevent any rust from taking hold, and work on progressively sanding and shining it up.

There's several ways to finish steel anyway.  You could leave it sanded, or polish it, or do swirls, or gun blue it, even have it chromed if you've got the $$$ or know the right people.  Clearcoat it yourself or have it clearcoated at an autopaint shop.

Eeki's bike looks like he bobbed the rear fender a little.  I'd think the stock fender would still look nice, esp. after a couple holes are filled.  

Get it perfect all winter and 1-2-3-swap just before riding weather kicks in for good.

Then you have the old stuff from the bike to work on the next winter's project.  

Learning to airbrush and pin stripe...  Shocked

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 01/03/05 at 15:59:28

8)Wow ... agree with a previous poster ... that Finnish Savage is a work of art for sure! Love the look of the polished steel ... reminds me of pics I've seen of some WW2 fighter aircraft!
gitarzan you must have the winter itch! Would love to see your results if you decide to give this look a go!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 01:14:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hats off to Eeki !!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.