Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage Gas Mileage worse than Car? (Read 69 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Savage Gas Mileage worse than Car?
06/04/04 at 02:32:49

SadHi everyone ... hit Reserve last evening at only 80km since last fill-up ... and with the Savage tank at 8.0 litres (2.1 US Gal.), that's pretty poor milage?? My Bike is an 03 with only 1300km's (808 miles) on her, she is running well and I ride very conservatively and am not prone to long warm-ups.
Here are my rough figures;
8.0 litres/80km = 2.10 US Gal./50 mi. (24 mi./US Gal)
= 1.75 Imp Gal/50 mi. (29 mi./Imp Gal)
Hell my Hyundai Accent Gets better milage than this!!
Last year, had to switch to Reserve on my very first tank of gas at 188km ... this translates into;
67 mi./Imp. Gal. (56mi./US Gal.) which seems to jive with what others are gettig out of their Savage's ... what gives with the poor milage?? Comments?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Re: Savage Gas Mileage worse than Car?
Reply #1 - 06/04/04 at 12:36:56

MY SAVAGE GETS ABOUT 200 K TO THE TANK BEFORE RESERVE . I HAVE NO IDEAR WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS BUT IT CAN NOT BE GOOD . MY IS A 86 AND I USALLY SIT ON ABOUT 100 KS.GOOD LUCK Shocked

IP Logged
maria
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/09/04 at 21:30:57

my savage is pretty uneconomical too - not sure what she is at the moment, they filled her up at the garage when she was being repaired an ddidn't have the stats to work it out - but she used 3/4 of a tank of fuel on a 60-70 mile run so it's not good.
she's an 86 model and has never been economical - i've had problems with the carb and jet settings - try those. Any leaks?

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 06/10/04 at 02:18:46

Thanks for the replys guys ... no, no leaks are evident ... and as I said, the Bike starts right up and runs very well. Am in the process of trying to get 100kms since last fill-up so I can more accurately check the milage ... but weather has been kinda sucky for Riding...
Funny, I've recently learned from various sources that the Savage can either give great gas milage ... or rather poor milage ... and this from stock set-up? I find the inconsistancy really puzzling?
Will report my milage after my next fill up and doing a bit of math ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 06/12/04 at 11:49:23

SmileyFor the info of other "Savagers", I just came back from the Filling Station and I've done a bit of math re; my Bikes fuel consumption, as I've been curious as of late about her efficiency ... here's what I found;
Last fill-up @ 1312km took 7.63 litres (04/06/04)
This fill-up @ 1397km took 3.23 litres (12/06/04)
= 85km (52.816 miles) to 3.23 litres (0.85 US Gal./0.71 Imp. Gal.)

This translates into;
61 miles per US Gallon
74 miles per Imp. Gallon

Not bad! Better than I previously thought ... curiously, about what I was getting from my old '85 CMX250 Rebel last year!

WWW   IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/12/04 at 23:42:23

PERRYDASAVAGE TRY CHECKING OUT WHAT COLOUR THE SPARK PLUG IS WHEN YOU PULL IT OUT.IF ITS BLACK AND SOOTIE IT MUST BE RUNNING TO RICH . NORMAL RUNNING SHOULD BE LIGHT TAN OR GREY ON THE FIRING TIP.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #6 - 06/13/04 at 08:46:09

You should get about 120 miles per tank (without reserve) which is about 55-60 mpg.  For a gas sipping '03 model, and something else must be wrong.  Yours is not normal.

We have a '00 and '01 in our household, and both get the same.  I'd be looking for some leaks, black exhaust smoke, or gasoline odors.  Shocked

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #7 - 06/13/04 at 08:47:59

Doh!  Now I read your new figures....  Kiss

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 02:12:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage Gas Mileage worse than Car?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.