Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear Tire Valve. What a nuisance! (Read 38 times)
koiroy
Ex Member

Rear Tire Valve. What a nuisance!
05/26/04 at 04:59:15

Is it just me, or are many of you pissed off at Suzuki for making the rear tire valve sooooo hard to get at. Here in Toronto, many if not all gas station air hoses are of a straight line variety. There is no way what so ever to get the air filler onto the valve since the rear brake drum and spokes are in the way. Typical straight line air pressure testers also will not fit. Is there some sort of right angle valve stem you can buy to help with this? I'm frustrated! Sad

IP Logged
thehoghunter
2004 No Login

Chop Suey

Tampa
Re: Rear Tire Valve. What a nuisance!
Reply #1 - 05/26/04 at 05:32:53

Actually, I have never had so much of a problem with it.  The gas stations I use have a angle on theirs that allows (with some difficulty) the rear tire to be filled.  Of course, I always found that I did not like traveling to them with the air low so I bought a bicycle pump at Walmart - not a normal bicycle pump - it won't allow pumping up the tire to the correct pressure.  This is one that is rated to 70 psi - I took a quick look and it's called a MaxAir - made in the U.S.  No other info on the pump itself.  Or you can go and buy a electric air pump - check the car section of your local stores.

You can also get a air pressure tester with a bend at the end  at most auto parts stores.

WWW   IP Logged
LondonThing-co-uk
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/26/04 at 08:46:39

Hey, i have had the same problem with my Savage and my Ninja750, in the UK in ALL the magazines they advertise a valve adapter which is at a right angle, never got one but i would recomend getting wheele re-balanced if you install one, they cost around £5 here, good luck finding one... (try e-bay)

ChrisF..

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/28/04 at 00:42:26

YEA BOUGHT THE RIGHT HAND ADAPTER MY SELF . MOST MOTER CYCLE SHOPS SELL THEM Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 08:53:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear Tire Valve. What a nuisance!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.