Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Uk Savage riders (Read 21 times)
maria
Ex Member

Uk Savage riders
05/08/04 at 02:16:14

Are there any here?
I have a 1986 Savage and have problems with (i think) the coils breaking down under load and the jet settings.

Need advice, love the bike, very short rider (4foot eight) but fed up of the problems. Anyone here know good dealers in the UK.

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Re: Uk Savage riders
Reply #1 - 05/08/04 at 23:59:05

HANG IN THERE MARIA I HAVE A 86 IN AUSTRALIA AND IT NEVER GIVES ME ANY TROUBLE . YOUR LOCAL SUZUKI DEALER SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM HELPING YOU OUT. ALSO CLYMER HAVE A GOOD REPAIR MANUAL No M384
AL DOWN UNDER Wink

IP Logged
maria
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/09/04 at 02:53:33

yes she is going to the dealer in a couple of weeks time - just frustrated cos everyone says how reliable they are, mine isn't!

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/12/04 at 23:46:37

LET US KNOW HOW YA GO MARIA

IP Logged
maria
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/23/04 at 13:32:34

well she is back on the road - went well today. hopefully all will be well.

IP Logged
maria
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/27/04 at 20:05:23

hoping to make some modifications to her, i want to change the bars, small hands mean the diameter on th estandard bars plus grips streches my hand and causes pain over long rides, anyone else changed bars on their savage for ones that are smaller in diameter. Appreciate any comments and suggestions.
Also want to but new pegs and a rear brake arm on her but i can but custom ones there. getting rid of the sissy bar, never take a pillon anyway.

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/28/04 at 00:28:17

MARIA IF YA CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE BARS YOU MAY HAVE TO CHANGE THE RISER TO A SMALLER DIAMETER IF YOU LOSE THE SISSY BAR YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE IT WITH A NOTHER BAR AS IT HOLDS THE REAR FENDER TOGETHER. MY BIKE HAD NO SIZZY BAR WHEN I BOUGHT IT I LOST 2 NUMBER PLATES DUE TO BAD VIBRATION. MY FRIEND WHO WAS RIDING BEHIND ME COULD NOT READ MY No PLATE AS IT WAS VIBRATING SO BAD. I WAS LUCKY I DID NOT CRACK MY REAR FENDER
GOOD LUCK

IP Logged
maria
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/28/04 at 07:22:19

oh well i can live with the sissy bar but i have to change the bars, thanks for that Al.

IP Logged
LondonThing-co-uk
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/28/04 at 14:32:39

Maria,

In reply top your message in UK Modified Savage riders,

If your looking for inspiration for your savage, your welcome to have a look at myne, Very chopped, and a few things i dont want to publish untill finished and have photos, all easy to do with no, wealding or havy metal work!

ChrisF...

PS did u mean u want to sell ur Savage when u mentioned dealers???? if so i would be interested in buying from you (any condition)...

IP Logged
maria
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/28/04 at 22:58:21

i have just got her back on the road after a long stint, 3rd baby and just not having enough time blah, blah, she's in good condition and low mileage. i've decided to do some riding on her this summer and she how she performs. i ahve had lots of problems with her but hopefull after remortgaging my house to pay the bike shop bill all now seems well an dthe work is guaranteed for a year.
In the autumn i'll review the situation. She's a great bike and  real eye stopping, especially the fact that i am so small and  a woman we are worth a good stare apparantely (swear they have never seen a bike before - when i picked her up from the bike shop 9 bikers stood around to watch me leave!).
I'll let you know if i decide to sell her. I was thinking of buying a more recent model, but i am sticking with Savages i think they are great fun, it's like my VW camper van, i'm addicted to them now.

IP Logged
LondonThing-co-uk
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/01/04 at 16:26:09

OK all UK people, getting as many riders together as possible for a little tour in August for a day, as there are a few big bike meets i have in mind, so fellow savage riders are welcome to joing, mail me if your interested and ill give you more info nearer the time, and if i cant get any other savage riders together then i may have to go on my ZX7R...... Sad

ChrisF..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 09:37:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Uk Savage riders

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.