Heated Accessories (Read 103 times)
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Suffolk VA, formerly NYC NY
Heated Accessories
01/05/04 at 18:24:59

I have had the Gerbing electric sox and gloves for a while now. Just bought their pants and will try them out this coming weekend.

In reading the service manual, it seems that the Savage doesn't have an alternator, but it has a rectifier/regulator unit. I'm starting to learn a bit more about how this works, and how the heated accessories total current will affect the bike's charging so I will know how to use it all to my advantage.

I'll let you all know how this goes in a week or so.

Gerry

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Re: Heated Accessories
Reply #1 - 01/07/04 at 11:10:49

CHENCH SAVAGE 86-89 HAS AN ALTERNATOR .CLMER MANNAUAL NoM384 . IAM NOT SURE ABOUT THE LATER MODELS AS THE SAVAGE HAS NOT BEEN IMPORTED INTO AUSTRALIA SCINCE 89 . BUT I DONT THINK THEY WOULD BE ANY DIFFERENT. AL DOWN UNDER.

IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/07/04 at 14:16:28

Hi Al, thanks for the reply.

I don't understand all the electrics, I just sit on it and ride. Roll Eyes My buddy is a mechanic, and I'm going to ask him to look at my service manual and explain it to me. I was talking with some others and they were leaning towards what you're saying. So, I'll let you know what I find out.

It is cold here in New York this week. I hope to ride this weekend and try it all out, and figure out the manual as well.

Talk with you later,

Gerry

IP Logged
AL_DOWN_UNDER
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/09/04 at 12:22:59

Gerry the alternator is inside the lower left hand timing case right beside where your foot would be when its sitting on the foot peg right in front of the front drive pully . The temp here is in the mid 30s cel . with a min of 24c so i won,t be worrying about the heated gear. AL DOWN UNDER Wink

IP Logged
Chench53
2004 No Login

"Special
Ed" rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/10/04 at 05:35:30

Thanks for the info Al. I'll look for it, and maybe now can find a reference more easily in the service manual also.

Wow, enjoy your 8) 8) summer days... today's a bit chilly in NY... single digit temperatures. Shocked Shocked

Gerry

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 13:52:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Heated Accessories

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.