Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Horn - Newbie Question (Read 19 times)
Wayne Crannell

New Horn - Newbie Question
08/16/03 at 21:40:48

I'm trying to do a new horn....the old horn has two terminals. The replacement has a single terminal and seems to use the center screw as the ground (-) terminal to which I can either attach one of the bike wires or use a bracket to attach the assembly to the frame, grounding it that way. Running both bike wires blows fuses. So, do I use one of the bike wires (which one?  black/red or black/blue) on the new horn terminal and just ground the bracket right to the frame, leaving one of the wires unused (doesn't seem right), or is this the wrong type of horn?

Thanks,
Wayne Crannell
'03 Savage

IP Logged
Gitarzan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

!

Columbus, Oh, Earth, Solar Sys
Re: New Horn - Newbie Question
Reply #1 - 07/02/04 at 21:36:48

bump.  looks like a worthy question.

2001 Cherry Red and Ivory Yamaha VStar 1100

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: New Horn - Newbie Question
Reply #2 - 07/03/04 at 04:32:39

By my schematics the Black/Red should be the positive side and since the ground is through the frame anyway, you shouldn't need the Black/Blue for a single connection to the horn.  There are 2 wires on the stock horn because the horn is rubber mounted and that ensures a good circuit.

Have you got a simple little meter for checking voltage?  Put the black lead on the frame ground and the red on the wire in question.  Push horn button.  If it is hot, you'll see about 12 volts.  If it is ground, you'll see 0.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 21:47:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Horn - Newbie Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.