Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Speedometer question (Read 5 times)
russellwhitlock
Ex Member

Speedometer question
09/25/07 at 17:21:53

f you look at the picture here:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/photos...
you will see that, from left to right, the speedo has neutral, turn, and high beam warning lights at the top, and a sidestand and speed warning lights within the speedo.
Mine, however, has at the top from left to right a left turn warning, high beam, and right turn warning lights at the top, and a neutral light within the speedo, with the right hand side one blanked out. I have no side stand light (plunger does away with the need for this), and no speed warning light.
Now, my speedo is in kph rather than mph as well, so that's not the reason why. Is it because the photo is of a 400cc Savage, or is it due to the age difference between mine and theirs. Also, what warning lights and sequence do your American/Canadian Savages have?

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Re: Speedometer question
Reply #1 - 09/25/07 at 20:07:16

My '87 has neutral, turn and high beam, left to right, across the top. I've never noticed the ones in the speedo--I'll have to take a look tomorrow.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 09/25/07 at 21:46:33

That photo is like part of the answer to a topic that was posted a long time ago.

In the US the lower right hand spot is blank.  The Neutral light is on the left side.

Sneaky Little Suzuki Motor Company...Cool.

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 09/26/07 at 03:26:40

I noticed that the '86's had a sidestand light.

Interesting thing I just noticed, the factory service manual, '86 wire diagram, 3 lights above dial are 2 turns and high beam, in the speedo, has a side stand, and "oil level" inside the dial..... BUT.....if you follow the oil level wire it goes to the neutral switch.  Hmmmmmm.....wonder if the technical writer did a copy & paste from a Non-USA manual.....

In the '87 addendum, has wiring with Neutral, turn & hight beam on the 3 lights above dial, nothing inside.

The 95 & 96 addendum doesn't show where lights are but has two turns, a neutral & a high beam.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 10/10/07 at 13:28:45

My 86 has left turn, high beam, right turn accros the top, and side stand, neutral on the bottom

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:20:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Speedometer question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.